Advanced Health Directive

If a person no longer has the ability to manage their personal and/or financial affairs, who will do this for them?

If you do not have an Enduring Power of Attorney in place,  your other half, children or parents, will be required to apply for Guardianship through Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal, which can be a lengthy process.

Speak with BR Solicitors who can assist you to safeguard against this by executing an Enduring Power of Attorney to manage your affairs and make decisions on your behalf, should a sudden illness, severe accident or declining mental capacity affect you.

By appointing an Enduring Power of Attorney a person who you trust implicitly, you maintain control over who is the decision maker for you, should you no longer have the capacity to do so yourself.